First and formost, your plugin must perform all of the tasks and provide all of the features described in its plugin page. Then it must also display excelence in another impressive area. Some sugestions for what these areas might be are:
- GUI configuration
- Zero configuration, it just works.
- Useful particle effects
- MySQL, BungeeCord or other large network features
Generally, a plugin will receive 4 stars for performing the tasks and providing the features described in its plugin page. The 4-star review is a stamp of approval.
Site registration is primarily for plugin authors, so that they can view their plugin review before it is published. Also users can register to comment on a plugin review. The registration link is here.
If you clear your cookies or change browsers, you may need to login to see your review. That link is here.
Plugin Author Expectations
As an author, you will receive independent feedback on your work. You will receive notes privately on how to improve your plugins. The instances where readers purchase your plugin for something other than its intended purpose will decrease. Readers who desire your plugin will be assured of high quality based on a rigorous independent review. It is expected that reviews of your work will drive sales of your plugins.
As a reader, you should be able to get a sense of what it is like to use the plugin. You should be able to visualize the experience through the use of embedded in-game graphics. In many cases, you will be making a purchasing decision. The review should give you everything you need to inform your purchasing decisions.
Plugin Review Activities
When a plugin is reviewed, these activities are performed:
- Read the plugin page on the hosting site ( spigotmc.org, bukkit.org, etc)
- Catalog the features of the plugin and any dependencies.
- Read the documentation and wiki.
- Watch any videos linked from the plugin page, documentation or wiki.
- Determine if, based on the plugin page, this plugin could be a 5-star plugin. (If yes, proceed)
- Create a Minecraft instance and configure the plugin as per the install/configuration instructions.
- Try to perform every listed feature.
- Take private notes provided to the plugin author.
- Play the game with the plugin, enjoy using it, and document my experiences.
- Complete a Feature Matrix and a Plugin Evaluation Matrix.
- Write the review.
- Offer the plugin author a pre-release view of the review. (requires site registration)
- If requested, the publication can be held for 10 business days, or 2 plugin releases, while the author improves the plugin.
- If requested, I will re-review held plugins for correction.